Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Dollies and Cranes...

A bit more on moving the camera...
 
Getting the camera on a track and crane is usually the domain of highend productions, but there are ways to do this without a huge budget - but it will take a bit of work.
 
I bought this e-book from dvcamerarigs.com
 

 Then built this rig.
 

It cost about $250 (including $40 bucks for the book) and works pretty good - not quite what you'd get from a high end rig, but with a bit of practice it's works well.

Dan Selakovich has thought up some great rigs and gives easy to follow instructions as well as a full shopping list so you don't forget anything at the hardware store. This book is well worth the $40 bucks if you want to build some cool camera rigs.


 
I did a bit of customization - I added a fluid head to the camera platform, then added another shelf below the camera to hold a monitor so I can see every thing with ease.
 
Here's the maiden voyage of my new rig...
 

No comments: